GPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2019
Eligibility Criteria of GPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2019
The candidates who meet the eligibility norms set by the Commission can participate in the recruitment.
Nationality: An Indian National is eligible to apply.
Age Limit: The candidate should be 20 to 30 years However, age relaxation is also applicable here.
Age Relaxation: The candidate will get the age relaxation as per their category. The age relaxation is as follows.
- SEBC/SC/ST Male candidates of Gujarat origin will get 05 years.
- The woman candidates of the unreserved category will get the 05 years age relaxation. Where woman candidates of the reserved category will get the 10 years (but applicable up to 45 years maximum).
- Physically disabled candidates will get 10 years age relaxation.
- Ex-Serviceman will get 05 years in age relaxation but applicable up to 45 years only.
- The candidate has a Bachelor’s degree is eligible.
- The basic knowledge of the computer is necessary.
- In addition to the above, the candidate should know the Gujarati or Hindi or both.
Examination Pattern for GPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2019
As we know that the selection process has three stages hence the candidates should have the knowledge of each stage and the exam pattern.
Scheme of Preliminary Examination
Mode of Exam: Offline
Nature of Exam: Objective
The preliminary examination is qualifying in nature. The merit list will not have any weightage form the preliminary examination.
|General Studies-1||200 Marks||120 minutes|
|General Studies-2||200 Marks||120 minutes|
|Total Marks||400 Marks|
Scheme of Main Exam
Like prelims, the main exam will be held in online mode. But unlike prelims, the main examination will be descriptive in nature. The exam will have the below pattern.
|Paper-1||Gujarati Language||150 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-2||English Language||150 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-3||Essay||150 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-4||General Studies-1||150 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-5||General Studies-2||150 Marks||3 hours|
|Paper-6||General Studies-3||150 Marks||3 hours|
|Total Marks||900 Marks|
Scheme of Personal Interview
At last the candidates who will qualify both the rounds have to appear for the interview round. The interview will carry 100 marks. The candidates have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks for clearing the interview.
Syllabus for GPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2019
Along with the examination pattern, GPSC has provided the detailed syllabus for recruitment. The candidates will be able to download the syllabus from here. The entire syllabus is in the Gujarati language.
For detail Syllabus of GPSC click below link: